Sunday, July 12, 2020

6/28/2017

In orthodox Christian terms, Trump can be seen as the Anti-Christ, "full of lies and deceit." [Note: I say "can be." I do not say "is."] When stepping out of the enclosed realm of orthodoxy, we can see Trump as an outgrowth, a representation of the national psyche, a nation of people concerned with individual "selfies" and the using of those selfies as a guide to dealing with the world. As you respond to my selfie, so I respond to you.

Trump seems to actually believe that his selfie is incorruptible and that with it and through it, he can rule the world, that no policy is needed, that through his magnetic presence, others will fall in line. Those who do notary regarded as fake and false and are cast into outer darkness, rejects to be disparaged. As I said, he is an extension of the current national psyche: I and those who think like me are the truth (we reflect a common selfie). The others live in a land of unenlightened darkness. Trump is a manifestation of this tendency within ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work by George Breed is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.